Sunday, January 10, 2010

Heavy Bag Filling Is A Water Filled Or Sand/towel Filled Heavy Bag Best?

Is a Water filled or sand/towel filled heavy bag best? - heavy bag filling

I think the purchase of a 80 to 100 pounds heavy bag, and not yet discovered the advantages or disadvantages of a sand bag or towel filled with heavy water and filled (foam filled) punching bag. Has anyone used both? Did you have any preferences? Any help would be very grateful. I'll buy the assembly of the bag from the rafters and not on a separate package.

I came for two different bags to choose (100 pounds Nevat Everlast Worldwide Heavy Bag Everlast Water Heavy Bag or 80 pounds). Thank you!

5 comments:

Anna D said...

In any case, go with a sand / briefcase bag. You will be involved and gloves for the hands should be good. I have lots of experience in boxing and after the game, I think many heavy bags, a bag of water is not a good way to go. Take the fun with your movements and have at least a bag of sand, if you round and starts to get a crack or a hole, you can fix with masking or duct tape. With the water you can not do.
Yes, now I'll think I'm willing to bet that a bag of sand would live longer after a bag with water.

Allen said...

Fill sand is better. Keep your hands in gloves packed.

tejntdit said...

filled with sand

tejntdit said...

filled with sand

isis said...

I would be hurt, not his hand. Good luck .... Happy new year!

Post a Comment